Welcome to Year 2K!
Your teacher will very soon be filling this page with exciting class news, pictures of things we’ve done and more.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your Teacher know!
Class teacher : Miss Kinniburgh
Please see below some the things your children will be learning this school year.
Your childs learning and development in Key Stage 1 relies on your support at home.
- Due to the upcoming SATs in Year 2 in the summer term, we have purchased CGP Reading books for all of our year twos. We have set one activity a week, which we ask to be handed in on a Friday. The children will mark their homework on a Friday afternoon and the books will be returned on Monday to complete the next homework task.
- For the children in Year 1, your child was given a pack with all of this half term's homework before the half term holidays. The children are able to choose which activity they wish to complete each week and we ask that this homework is handed in on a Friday morning. If you need any copies of this pack please see below.
- Spelling lists will be given out half termly and the children will be tested on a Friday. By the end of KS1 all children must be able to read and spell over 200 high frequency words, so practice at home is vital.
- We kindly ask that you spend 5 minutes a day reading at home with your child. Frequent, short reading practice will hugely benefit your child's ability to decode words at speed. We encourage you to discuss settings, characters, character's feelings and their predictions. This will prepare your child for the reading SATs at the end of Year 2. If you read with your child every night, please sign their reading record, this means your child will be enetered into the prize draw in golden assembly on Fridays!
A few helpful reminders...
- We ask that your child has their P.E. kit in school all week. Our scheduled day for P.E. is Tuesday, however, this can change at a moments notice so all children must have a P.E. kit readily available.
- We encourage drinking plenty of water throughout the school day so we ask that you provide your child with a named water bottle for those thirsty moments.